The safety of our speakers, staff, and conference attendees is our top priority. We want to remind everyone of our ConQuesT 53 Health & Safety Policy, which is posted on our website.
In summary, attendees must provide one of the following items:
- Proof of full vaccination, with the final dose administered at least 14 days prior to the con’s start date. You’ll be asked to show your vaccination card or a photo of the card, which will be verified against a valid state-issued ID.
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (molecular, PCR, or antigen) dated not more than 48 hours prior to entering the con. This option is for individuals who are exempt from vaccination due to medical reasons or deeply held religious beliefs.
- Note: Minors who do not have a state-issued ID must present proof of vaccination and/or a negative test with their name and date of birth. Security will verify identity upon arrival.
- Attendees must also abide by the following policies:
Attendees will also be required to wear face masks in meeting rooms and are also strongly encouraged in public spaces.
Attendees must also follow any additional safety protocols established by the Sheraton Hotel, the State of Missouri, or the city of Kansas City, MO through mandates and/or regulations, which are subject to change based on local and federal regulations and/or mandates.
Because nobody wants con crud or con cooties of any kind, we kindly ask that you stay home:
- If you test positive for COVID
- If you are not feeling well for any reason
- If you have any COVID-related symptoms
- If you have recently traveled outside of the United States
ConQuesT will work with you to move your registration to a virtual or supporting membership, carry your registration forward to next year’s convention, or refund your registration fee.
ConQuesT 53 will be held in person May 27-29, 2022, (Memorial Day Weekend) at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo. ConQuesT’s Guests of Honor are:
- Fonda Lee, author of the award-winning epic urban fantasy Green Bone Saga, which includes Jade City, Jade War, and Jade Legacy.
- Donato Giancola, artist with multiple Chesley, Hugo, and Spectrum awards. He’s known for his classical realist interpretation of the worlds of George R.R. Martin, J.R.R. Tolkien, and others, as well as gaming cards and countless book covers.
- Rebecca Campbell, author of weird ghost stories and climate change fiction. She won the Sunburst Award for Excellence in Canadian Literature of the Fantastic for short fiction in 2020.
- Ken Keller, Kansas City’s hometown fan guest, has been active in science fiction fandom since 1963 in many roles, including organizing the bid for and chairing 34th World Science Fiction Convention, MidAmeriCon, held in 1976.
- Jim Young, fan guest, is a long-time fan from Ohio who has been active in fandom since 1981 and volunteering at cons ever since.
The 2022 ConQuesT is the 53rd con sponsored by the Kansas City Science Fiction and Fantasy Society. The event focuses on the literary and artistic aspects of the genre, but includes a broad selection of events for fans, cosplayers, and creators (such as writers, artists, filmmakers, etc.).
ConQuesT, Kansas City’s longest-running fan-run science fiction convention, will be held in person May 27-29, 2022, (Memorial Day Weekend) at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo. marycatelynnc6.sg-host.com | https://www.facebook.com/ConQuesTKC