How does a virtual ConQuesT work? It’s not scary or difficult. It will be super-easy for you to access and participate.
What Tech Do I Need?
- A computer, tablet, or smartphone with a web browser, Internet connection, and working audio (speaker or headphones). A microphone and webcam are optional.
- A ConQuesT 52 registration (https://conquestkc.org/conquest-52-membership/)
- A free account on Discord.com (https://discord.com/)
How Do I Participate?
You’ll need to purchase your ConQuesT registration and set up a few things in advance so you’ll be ready to go when we open the virtual doors.
- Buy your ConQuesT 52 registration. You’ll receive an email with your username, and an email to set/reset your password to ConQuesTkc.org.
- Create an account on Discord.com using the same email address that you used to register for the con.
- Check your tech to make sure you can access ConQuesTKC.org, that your Internet connection works, and that your audio works.
During ConQuesT: Log into ConQuesTKC.org.
Once you’ve logged in to ConQuesTkc.org, you’ll find:
- A complete schedule for the weekend
- Information about programming and events
- Links to programming rooms and other events
- Instructions for how to participate
- Links to the Art Show, Dealers Room, and Discord.
What Do I Get?
- Two simultaneous tracks of programming plus a third for special events.
- Programming will be livestreamed with video and audio.
- Some social areas will use text-based chat, and others will have audio and video.
- There will also be a virtual Dealer’s Room, Art Show, and ConSuite!
How Do I Log In?
We’ll make it easy to log in and access all the sessions and interactive features, with instructions to be posted on the website. Check your email for your username and password information.
- If you did not receive the username and password emails or have difficulty logging in, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For general registration questions, such as “Did I buy a membership?”, contact email@example.com.