Hey, wanna watch a movie?
“What? How do we do that? ConQuesT is online this year; we can’t watch movies together.”
Sure we can!
During the run of the convention, we will be holding an ongoing Netflix Watch Party. Schedule is TBA, but we’re scouring Netflix for the best (and maybe some of the worst, for funsies) in Netflix’s library.
How do you participate?
- You must have your own Netflix account in order to participate.
- The app requires Google Chrome to operate! If you don’t already have Chrome, you can download it here: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- Once you have Chrome installed, you need the Teleparty extension. You can download it for free here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/netflix-party-is-now-tele/oocalimimngaihdkbihfgmpkcpnmlaoa?hl=en
- Be sure to follow all the instructions from Teleparty to pin the extension to your Chrome Browser!
- Watch the blog for the full schedule! We’ll also post it up on the Netflix Watch Party #schedule channel in Discord.
- Due to the nature of Teleparty links, they cannot be posted until each individual screening room opens.
- When the movie is getting ready to start, there will be a “party url” posted to the Netflix Watch Party #schedule channel in Discord
- Click the “party url” to start the movie, and then click the “Tp” icon on your browser to join the watch party!
- The Netflix Watch Party has a built-in chat so you can chat with fellow watchers!